Thursday, November 8, 2012


Time...There Isn't Enough Of It”
by Terrence Cain

Oh boy, has this week been a gut buster. I had an Algebra test on Monday, followed by a Speech outline I am having to construct into a concise format that is proving to be more difficult than I thought it would be, and of course the elections Tuesday night were a bit taxing on me. Is the president going to win, what's going to happen if he doesn't? I was very thankful he won and that the Democrats won more seats in the Senate. And a huge congratulations are in order to the state of New Hampshire for being the first state to elect all women of the Democratic Party. A historical mark in this country if I ever did see one. After Tuesday Wednesday definitely felt more relaxed for me.
Still though, I've got an Ethics paper to finish up, a Speech paper to get cut down so it fits just under four minutes in length. Not to mention I have more Algebra to complete before Sunday night, and then I have to schedule several events all at Angelo State so that I can be ready to attend starting next January. This is definitely a harsh week for me. I assure you though I will make it through just fine. Especially now that President Obama has been re-elected.
I know Conservatives hate the fact he won for a second term, but if not for the President I would have not gotten into college so easily. Thanks to his bold moves in overtaking Pell Grants I was able to go to college without the fear of more mounting debt on top of the debt I've already accumulated from losing my job in 2009. Now that I am in college I have a far greater opportunity of getting back to work than I had in the year and a half I attempted to find work before giving up and attending college. I do truly believe though that now is the time for us all to contact our representatives and senators and let them know that they need to work together on getting people back to work no matter what and then getting our debt cut down tremendously. Well that's all there is to say for now. Until next week, this is Howard College's blogging machine saying; “If ifs and buts were candies and nuts, we'd all be having a merry Christmas.”

No comments:

Post a Comment