Friday, November 2, 2012


Give Me An Inch, And I'll Take A Smile”
by Terrence Cain

Oh yeah, I'm back again this week. It's time for the weekly blog post, folks. Get ready for some crazy antics—or a heart warming story—that will hopefully make you glad you read this. In all honesty I really don't know what will be said because this is all on the fly, so this is going to be just as interesting for me as it is for you. I will try to keep this very short though because I've got a ton of math work to do before Monday's test, plus I have to finish up my ethics paper and get started on my next speech.
I can tell you this. This final week of October has been pretty awesome. I went to a great play on campus [you can read about it in my special article I posted earlier this week right here http://terrence-howardcollege.blogspot.com/2012/10/anight-at-theater-tomb-of-count.html] and then I took a test in Astronomy that I'm feeling pretty confident about. I also did a little Halloween celebration by watching some great 1980s horror films like Killer Klowns From Outer Space, Monster Squad, and Critters.
On November 16th I'll be going over to Angelo State University to tour its facilities and see how things are done over there before I transfer next January. Should be a great time with the HC Science Club of Big Spring. There's so much I have to get done before next year so that I'll be ready for my first semester at Angelo State, so I'll be getting quite busy over the next couple of months.
Friends, I must advise you strongly to go vote this Friday. It's the last day of early voting before you can vote on the official election day next Tuesday, November 6th. I honestly think everyone should vote for the President because he's the best man for the job. Of course that's my opinion and everyone should vote for whomever they think is best qualified. Just make sure you get out there and vote. It's the one right no one can ever take from you. Exercise that right, okay?
Stay strong my fellow classmates. This semester is almost over. I know that things can get a bit tough nearing the stretch, but trust me it is well worth getting your degree. I've been seeing a lot of you skipping classes or dropping out all together. You may not think education is all that important, but trust me it's the most important thing you will ever do with your life because it will open so many doors to you throughout your career in whatever field you wish to be a part of. I also strongly urge you to do whatever you can to intern for a company in your field. I know it's a pain that internships pay nothing at all, but I promise you that it will help you tremendously once you get the degree you need to work in that field. Well that's all I have to say for now. I want bid everyone a great weekend. Thanks for reading my posts. I really appreciate the kind words you've all given me in the halls here at Howard College. It makes me feel good to write for your entertainment. This is your friendly neighborhood blogger saying; “All school work and no play makes Terrence something something...”

No comments:

Post a Comment