Friday, November 16, 2012


“Entering The Final Stretch”
By Terrence Cain

Well here we are folks, just a few more weeks and this fall semester will be completed. I feel a little sad though because that means the end for me at Howard College here in Big Spring. Starting in January I'll be attending Angelo State University in San Angelo where I'll be moving forward with this trip I've been on since 2010. It's strange to think I'm that I'm getting closer and closer to getting my associates at Howard. I really thought I wouldn't make it this far, but here I am. I'm very proud of myself to make it this far too. I'll be the first member of my family to have an official college degree of any kind.
These next few weeks are going to be crazy insane. As I write this blog post I am sitting in the lunch room of Angelo State—soaking in the atmosphere and seeing all there is to see—while the lunch room plays some classic Rush and Pink Floyd music. Makes me feel like I stepped back into the 1970s, and that's not something I really expected when I arrived here with the Science Club from Howard College in Big Spring. Everyone here has been exceptionally nice and helpful, just as they were when I showed up at Howard College in 2010.
I feel like time has sped up this semester for me. I feel like I should still be in September, but I guess that's how things go when you're excited and anxious to move forward. I really do appreciate the time I've spent at Howard College. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. The things I learned at Howard College has really helped me to define just who I am and what I like about education. Thanks to Professor Tune, Professor Calvio, Professor Davidson, Professor Hobbs, and Professor Buske for being so open to conversations about the subjects I learned from you all. I know I was a difficult person at times, but those difficult times truly helped me to get the things I wanted to know put into a way that was succinct with my thought processes. Well that's all I have to say for now. I'll be back after Thanksgiving. I hope everyone has a good time and gets home safely for the holidays. This is Howard College's blogging machine saying; “If it ain't broken, don't fix it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment