Thursday, September 27, 2012

Waiting For October”
by Terrence Cain

Well folks, we're coming to an end in the month of September. Just a few days left and I can't wait. October is my favorite month of the year, and not for all the reasons one would think. Yes October is the month where horror movies become a nightly occurrence, and at the end of the month we all dress up as something truly spooky—although in recent years that seems to have changed quite a bit and people more or less treat it like Mardi Gras or of the Playboy Mansion's parties. One day we'll have to rectify that and put the horror back in Halloween. With that being said, that's not the reason I love the month of October. I love October for the weather. It's cooler in October. The plants start to change their colors. The mood of people seem to change and mellow a bit in October too—or so it seems. It's just the perfect month I think.
So last week I told you all that I was going on a trip to Lubbock with Howard's “Science Club” to visit Texas Tech. We went to the medical area to see how they're teaching people to become nurses and doctors. Got to see a really cool table there where they can dissect the human body in a multidimensional computer generated world. We then went across the campus over to the Biology and Horticulture area where they showed us the latest developments going on in their fields. After our lunch break we visited the Science Spectrum. This was like being thrown into a time machine and taken back seventeen years for me. In 1995 I visited the Science Spectrum when I was in the sixth grade. I could not believe how little this place of science had changed. Almost everything was where I remembered it. I was able to get a few photos which I'll share with you below. If you're ever needing a place to go visit on a weekend I highly recommend the Science Spectrum in Lubbock because it was very cool to see all the things we've progressed with in the field of science. Well until next week, this is the Howard College blogging machine saying have a great weekend!










No comments:

Post a Comment