Thursday, September 13, 2012


Best & Worst Week Of The Semester...So Far”
by Terrence Cain

I bet you're thinking there is going to be some really juicy gossip with that headline, aren't you? Well one thing I can assure you is that you will never read here about who said what or anything of that nature. Well here's the worst part. I'm sick. Late Wednesday night I started getting a soar throat, and by Thursday morning I was feeling like what the muddy dirt outside my home here in Big Spring looked liked today because it's been raining all day here. That is a great part of this week. The rain is so needed around here, and I absolutely love it when it rains. I should probably be living in Seattle, Washington just for that reason alone. In due time as they say, in due time.
Anyhow, as I said last week there were to be some very intriguing things coming up this week and let me tell you it was definitely a good week for me. First we finished watching Spike Lee's “Do The Right Thing” in our Ethics class to try and get a perspective on what the differences are between moral values and ethical ones. It was very interesting for sure. In my Astronomy class we did an experiment to try and figure out the speed of sound. It didn't quite go as well as some of us had hoped, but Prof. Hobbs seemed to be happy with it so I guess we didn't do too bad.
The big change for me and other students was our Speech class. Prof. Crockett had to bow out because we were having too many “technical difficulties” with her trying to teach us through a monitor from her home, so Prof. Davidson—who teaches my Development Of Motion Pictures class too—will be teaching Speech from now on as well here in Big Spring. I really like Prof. Davidson. He's a very lively professor who is willing to make a fool of himself to make you feel more comfortable in your own skin. I think I am going to love my Speech class now that he's teaching. And for the record, that's nothing against Prof. Crockett. She's a fine professor too. She just teaches differently, and unfortunately she couldn't teach at the school because of her ill husband. Well I think I'll end it here and go get myself better with some medications I've got around the house. I hope everyone has a good weekend. Stay strong and focused. If I can do it, so can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment