Friday, February 4, 2011

College Blog #5

The Winter Of Discontent
By Terrence Cain

 This week has been one of the weirdest weeks I have ever seen in weather patterns. Monday was a nice and breezy 72 degrees outside, my kind of weather. Tuesday started this nasty freezing cold weather trend that has been hitting the rest of the nation since December of last year. It was 11 degrees outside and the roads were slick, which caused Howard College to shut down for safety reasons. So I missed one day’s classes, “No big deal. We’ll make it up,” I say to myself.
Day two of continued freezing cold temperatures and icy icy roads. This is not good, but school is open so I guess I better go. Nope! Car won’t start. Great! How am I going to get to school? I couldn’t. Not only that, but the pipes were frozen so no water either. Even better! Wednesday was a bad day. I wound up contacting my professors and letting them know I couldn’t make it to their classes. I hate when I miss classes I am supposed to be attending. Soon after, my glasses broke. What the…? Can Wednesday get any worse?! Oh yes, indeed, I got a nasty headache to boot and had a math test to do online that I had to get done before midnight.
So I repaired my glasses the best I could, I took a couple of Aleve and took a nap on the couch. I woke up around seven or so. I went ahead and took my math test, made an 84 (yippee!), and finished up my short story for my creative writing class as and turned that in as well. Thankfully on Thursday I was able to find my battery charger and got my car started and made it to Thursday’s classes. This week has just been strange, somewhat stressful, and put a lot of things out of whack for me and a lot of others as well. Hopefully this is the last of the crazy freezing cold temperatures for this winter season.
Apparently the groundhog was working in our favor this year because according to the news we’re going to have an early spring. I sure hope so because otherwise that groundhog is going to be getting a letter of discontent from yours truly, lol! This is Howard College’s blogging machine, over and out!


Peace - Terrence

No comments:

Post a Comment