Friday, February 25, 2011

College Blog #8

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
By Terrence Cain

This week has been one wild ride after another for me. First I find out from my roommate that the course we were on has changed and that I will not have to move, which I am very very happy about. Then on Tuesday I ended up missing classes because my dog got bit by a spider that decided to make its way into my home the night before. The spider ended up making her very sick and I even had to take her to the vet to get her meds to reduce the swelling on her nose. I sat with her throughout the entire day keeping a watch over her to make sure she was ok. I am happy to report she is doing fine now and the swelling has gone away.
Another thing that came up this week was that we had exams. First was in my Business Computer class, second was my Mass Media class and third was my Algebra class with Prof. Buske. Anyone who knows me knows I hate taking tests.
Ever since I was a little boy I have loathed tests, and I have always had a hard time trying to retain a great share of knowledge, so as I have gotten older my memory retaining abilities have gotten worse. It doesn’t help either that I haven’t been in any educational system in ten years.
Thankfully in my Mass Media class it was an open book test. I think I did ok in the Mass Media and Business Computers tests, Algebra…well that’s another thing. It is one subject I’ve never been very good at and I don’t ever see myself getting better at it. I consider it to be my “kryptonite” in all the subjects they make you take to get your education.
Anyway, this week was just one hectic day after another for me. On a good note I was able to take pictures of the project we had for Mass Media. Basically we had to create an ad for a specific group of people that the product was targeted towards. We had to make shampoo ads and my group’s specific target was “Elementary Boys”, so my group chose to do Spider-Man. I did all the printing and coloring and laid out the idea on paper. I’ll share the pictures at the bottom of this week’s blog. Also, pay no attention to the date in the bottom corner. I just didn’t set the date when I turned the camera on.
Today the baseball team for Howard College will be playing Odessa College at 1 p.m. here in Big Spring and again tomorrow in Odessa. Hopefully Howard will win both games. Enjoy your weekend everyone! This is the Howard College Blogging Machine over & out!


Peace – Terrence







No comments:

Post a Comment