Thursday, October 20, 2011

“Mid-Terms”
By Terrence Cain

It doesn’t feel like it, but yes, we are in mid-terms right now. It feels like it was only yesterday when the fall semester started. It seems like this year is going by fast for some reason, and I’m not the only one who feels this way. I’ve heard others on campus expressing this feeling, including the professors.  And it begs the question; where did the time go? I guess that’s a question for the ages, now isn’t it?
In Monday’s Criminology class we finished up with the statistical discussions on crime and how some of it is most likely inaccurate do to the fact that not all crimes are reported. In my Horticulture class on Tuesday when we went to lab we used the green house to start an experiment of sorts. We all had to find two different plants, cut stems at forty-five degree angles and repot them using a root hormone with fungicide in it called Rootone-F. This particular chemical will cause stems to sprout roots. It’s amazing what chemicals can do, especially to plant life. We learned about plant grafting and how scientists have been able to take plants of different kinds, but from the same family, and make them grow multiple fruits. One tree we talked about was one that could grow several different kinds of citrus fruits. It boggles my mind how they’ve been able to get lemons and oranges to grow from one tree.
Now in my U.S. Government class we finished up with the bill of rights on Tuesday before we took our test on Thursday. My heart tells me I pass all but maybe one question because my mind went blank on it as usual. In Algebra I’m working on graphs, so I won’t bore you with all of that. It is going to be a busy weekend again for me because I will be studying for my Criminology test on Monday. I’m just glad the temperatures are going to be really nice this weekend. Until next week; this is the Howard College blogging machine, over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment