Friday, October 28, 2011


Happy New Year!”
By Terrence Cain

If you're a Pagan you know October 31st as a day of celebration of a bountiful harvest of the crops and a celebration of a new year beginning. This day for us is called Samhain, pronounced Sau-in. It's a Gaelic-Celtic holiday that has been celebrated for centuries. Many believe October 31st to be the true end of summer and November 1st to be the start of a new year. If you're not a Pagan then you only know October 31st as Halloween, a holiday for dressing up in scary costumes, or some ridiculous non-threatening outfit, that you will undoubtedly parade around in either at a party or with friends or family to go trick-or-treating door to door in while yelling; “Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to it! If you do, I'll be good to you, but if you don't I'll come back and play a trick on you!” Yes, I was bad kid growing up. I used to smash pumpkins, teepee houses, and egg cars if I wasn't given candy on Halloween night, but enough about my criminal past. Happy Halloween to all. Be safe, don't be indulging in any criminal mischief, and have a good time. Now on to more pressing matters.
This week was pretty interesting. I had an exam in my Criminology class, passed it just as I did the last time. In my U.S. Government Class we're getting heavily into the many facets of the Civil Rights movements of the 1960s; showing how the black's civil rights led to the women's, the Indian's, the disabled, and now homosexual civil rights. In my Horticulture class we planted seeds and talked about the various ways farmers speed up the process for bountiful harvests. Horticulture has become one of my favorite classes and I really enjoy Prof. Berry's class. Well that's pretty much it for now. Hopefully the Rangers will win the final game since they fudged their chances last night. Have a great weekend and a very happy Halloween! This is Howard College's blogging machine, over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment