Friday, April 27, 2012


Time Keeps On Ticking”
by Terrence Cain

Well folks the end of the semester is drawing fast upon us. It's going to be here before we know it and then what do you do when it's over? Well for me personally I'll be enjoying a summer break before my final semester here at Howard College in Big Spring. That's right, I will be graduating and earning my basic associates this year so that I can go on to a university to get my bachelors in print journalism. It seems like it was only yesterday when I started my journey to reinvent myself after losing my job in 2009. I will admit that a little bit of fear still lies within me that I could be still in the same boat I am in today when I finish and obtain my bachelors degree in 2014, but I don't let it consume me because I wouldn't be the optimist I am if I did. I know that no matter what this journey I've been on has been well worth it. It has been a great teaching moment in my life of what I can and cannot do.
I never thought in my life that I could make it through the very first semester and I did it just fine. Now I'm about to finish my fourth semester and I've got the best grades that I've ever had in all my time here at Howard College. I thought Algebra was going to kill me slowly from the inside out (figuratively speaking of course) and I've been able to stay strong and keep myself afloat through all of it. I have bad memorization and yet I've been able to retain the information need to pass the majority of my tests this year, with pretty high grades might I add. I've even managed to impress myself enough to assist one of my professors enough to ask for my help in a project we'll be putting forth next week for our final class before the finals the week after. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I made the right decision to forgo the hardships of being unemployed for these last three years so that I could make the time up I could have done this in ten years ago, but sadly could not because of my living situation at the time.
So I bet now you're wondering what I will be doing for my summer break. Well this summer I plan on doing some much needed yard work, as well I plan on working on a novel I've been writing for the last five years or more. I think I'll try to spend time with some of my friends back in Odessa where I'm originally from since it's been a really long time since I've seen many of them. I think I'll try to catch up on some book reading as well. Well that's all I have to say for the moment. Until next time, this is Howard College's blogging machine saying in the immortal words of Mr. Spock; “Live long and prosper.”

No comments:

Post a Comment